Transportation from Da Nang to Hoi An
There is neither airport nor train station in Hoi An ancient town. Therefore, most of the tourists come here by stopping by Da Nang city. Hence, the first thing you need to do before reaching Hoi An is to come to Da Nang city. Then how is transportation from Da Nang to Hoi An? Which vehicles should tourists go by? How long does it take? This article will show you the answer.
There are three popular ways to go to Hoi An from Da Nang city. That are bus, motorbike, and car (taxi).
Bus – The cheapest transportation from Da Nang to Hoi An
Bus in Sai Gon and Ha Noi is the popular transportation, meanwhile, it is quite boring in Da Nang city. However, it is the cheapest transportation from Da Nang to Hoi An. Normally, it costs you 30,000 VND (1.3 USD) per way. However, it takes quite long to reach Hoi An and back to Da Nang city. One way lasts for 70 to 80 minutes. The reason is that there are many stations on the journey. Moreover, they usually go around in the city to pick passengers first before going straight to the ancient town.
>> Learn more about the bus from Da Nang to Hoi An.
If you choose to go to Hoi An from Da Nang by bus, it is better to note some tips. The earliest bus starts at 5:30 am. And the latest one is at 6:00 pm. Make sure that you remember this to not miss the bus. There are totally 11 stops on the way to Hoi An and 10 stops on the way back to Da Nang. The journeys are as hereunder:
- From Da Nang city to Hoi An: Da Nang central bus station – Ton Duc Thang – Dien Bien Phu – Le Duan – Tran Phu – Trung Nu Vuong – Duy Tan – Nguyen Van Troi Bridge – Marble Mountain – Le Van Hien – Hoi An Bus Station.
- From Hoi An to Da Nang: Hoi An Bus Station – Le Van Hien – Marble Mountain – Bach Dang – Phan Dinh Phung – Yen Bai – Le Duan – Dien Bien Phu – Ton Duc Thang – Da Nang bus station.
Rent a car or have a taxi as transportation from Da Nang to Hoi An
Choosing a car or taxi as transportation from Da Nang to Hoi An is the most expensive way. However, it must notice that Hoi An roads are quite small. Therefore, if you rent a car, it might cause a few inconveniences. In contrast, when coming to Hoi An by car or taxi, you will have the chance to watch the wonderful sightseeing. It is also a better choice in the rainy season.
There are some trusted taxi brands that you can call for service:
- Mai Linh taxi – (+84) 2363 56 56 56
- Tien Sa taxi – (+84) 2363 79 79 79
- Vinasun taxi (+84) 2363 68 68 68
Besides, we also provide you with these following good car rental shops in Da Nang city:
- Phu My Phat – 495 Nguyen Huu Tho street.
- Toan Cau Vang – 137 Le Dinh Ly street.
- Kim Hung – 475 Trung Nu Vuong street.
- Hoang Hai Tung – 186 2 Thang 9 street.
>> You do not know where to go and what to eat in Hoi An? Here are some tips for you: Hoi An tourism and all you should know to enjoy the trip.
Motorbike – The most popular transportation from Da Nang to Hoi An
The most popular transportation in Vietnam
If you have ever come to Vietnam, the first impression of traffic might be the motorbike. It is the same as in Da Nang city. This is also the most popular transportation from Da Nang to Hoi An. Most of the tourists coming her choose to explore the city and destinations nearby by this vehicle. There are so many reasons for that. But the first and foremost is the convenience of traveling by a motorbike. You can stop by anywhere you wish to. Moreover, you can have a great view of sightseeing on the road. The feeling that wind blows strongly and touches the skin is amazing. It would be a remarkable experience that you have ever been through.
Some tips for you when having a motorbike as a way of transportation from Da Nang to Hoi An:
- The Vietnamese drive on the right-hand side.
- Limited speed for a motorbike in Vietnam is 50 km/h.
- No more than 2 adults per motorbike. One kid plus is allowed.
- The helmet is mandatory.
- No parallel driving.
- Always avoid the trucks.
- No cellphone while driving but earphones are acceptable.
- The yellow traffic light is the stop time, it is not until the light turns into red.
Where to rent a motorbike in Da Nang city?
When you go to rent a motorbike, remember to be careful with the quality if vehicle. Do not forget to check the kickstand if it is stable or not. Moreover, you need to test the light and signal light, the horn, the wing mirrors, and the brake. Additionally, to rent a vehicle, you need to deposit with an identification document which is still valid. It may be a passport or ID card.
Some motorbike rental shops you can trust their quality and service:
- On2wheel motorbike rental – 115 An Duong Vuong street.
- MotorVina motorbike rental – 196/17/3 Nguyen Cong Tru street.
- Tigit motorbike rental – 15 Cach Mang Thang 8 street.
- Rent A Bike shop – 04 An Thuong street.
- Danang 365 motorbike rental – 233 H18/9 Truong Chinh street.
In conclusion, it is easy to choose transportation from Da Nang to Hoi An since there are not too many options. Moreover, each of them has the clearly conveniences and inconveniences for you to choose base on your need. By choosing public transportation, it is safer but takes time. In contrast, if you drive yourself, it is more interesting. But be careful with the traffic rules and search for the direction before starting.