Steps by steps for tourists to apply Vietnam visa online
There are many ways to apply for a Vietnamese visa like at the Vietnam Embassy in the host country, at the airports or through an agency. But instead of traditional ways, now you can apply for Vietnam visa online personally. Therefore, it will help you to save time and money with this up-to-date system.
What is Vietnam visa online?
Vietnam visa online (or Vietnam E-visa) is one of the visa types issued to foreigners by the Vietnamese Immigration Department via an electronic system. Vietnam E-visa is valid for a maximum of 30 days for single entry.
You can personally apply for Vietnam visa online or through the inviting/ guaranteeing agencies and organizations. Besides, you have to pay the fee via an electronic payment gateway as prescribed by the Immigration Department. Especially, note that you can’t have back the refunded money if they refuse your application.
Conditions permitted to apply for Vietnam visa online
- Foreigners who are outside of Vietnam
- Valid passport holders
- Not falling into the cases of suspension from entry prescribed in Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam.
List of countries that allowed E-visa issuing
Although it’s so convenient to apply for an E-visa, not all the countries can do that. There are only citizens of 80 nations below are permitted to have a Vietnam visa online. Here under is the list you need to know.
- America: Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Georgia, Mexico, Panama, Peru, United States of America, Uruguay, Venezuela.
- Europe: Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia The former Yugoslav of, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- Eurasia: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Russia.
- Oceania: Australia, Fiji, Marshall Islands, Micronesia Federated States of, Nauru, New Zealand, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu.
- Asia: Bruney, China (including Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR passport holders, NOT apply to Chinese e-passport holders), India, Japan, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Qatar, Timor Leste, United Arab Emirates.
List of Ports that allowed foreigners to enter and exit Vietnam by visa online
There are 3 types of ports that you can use an E-visa to entry Vietnam including the international airport, landport, and seaport. Nevertheless, the authority just allows some ports to accept this kind of visa. But don’t worry, most of them are popular entries that foreigners usually use to import in Vietnam.
- International airport: Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong), Cam Ranh International Airport (Khanh Hoa), Can Tho International Airport, Da Nang International Airport, Noi Bai International Airport (Ha Noi), Phu Bai International Airport, Phu Quoc International Airport, Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City).
- Landport: Bo Y Landport, Cha Lo Landport, Cau Treo Landport, Huu Nghi Landport, Ha Tien Landport, Lao Bao Landport, Lao Cai Landport, La Lay Landport, Moc Bai Landport, Mong Cai Landport, Nam Can Landport, Na Meo Landport, Song Tien Landport, Tinh Bien Landport, Tay Trang Landport, Xa Mat Landport.
- Seaport: Chan May Seaport, Da Nang Seaport, Duong Dong Seaport, Hon Gai Seaport, Hai Phong Seaport, Nha Trang Seaport, Quy Nhon Seaport, Ho Chi Minh City Seaport, Vung Tau Seaport.
Steps to apply for Vietnam visa online personally
To apply for a Vietnam E-visa, you have to visit the website of the Vietnamese Immigration Department. The address is https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn. Particularly, it has full and detailed instructions on the site. Hence, you just need to read them so carefully and follow what they require. In case you need, below are summarized steps to have a Vietnam visa online easily.
- Step 1: Visit https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn./en_US/web/guest/khai-thi-thuc-dien-tu/cap-thi-thuc-dien-tu
- Step 2: Fulfill the required information. Upload your passport data page image and photograph (straight looking without glasses). After this step, you will receive the registration code through the applicant.
- Step 3: Pay E-visa fee (25 USD). It takes 3 working days to process your application.
- Step 4: Enter registration code, registration email and date of birth to check result in E-visa search menu (https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn./tra-cuu-thi-thuc). Then, if you’re approved for E-visa, please print E-visa to enter/exit Vietnam.
Remember to check the information carefully before you sending requirement. If there is any missing or incorrect/unidentified information, your application will not be accepted. Moreover, your money won’t be refunded in case your application is denied. In case you want to change the incorrect information, you must apply for a new Vietnam E-visa. For further information, you can visit the website and click the FAQ section to read.
Otherwise, you can apply for Vietnam visa online through an agency or organization in Vietnam. However, remember to check the information of these organizations carefully before contacting them. Or else, you can ask for advice from foreigners in Vietnam forums and Facebook groups.
(The article gets information from the Vietnamese Immigration Department’s website).