How to apply Vietnamese visa for foreigners
Applying for a Vietnamese visa is the first and most important problem when you plan a trip to Vietnam. Therefore, read the instructions below to have a good option to get your Vietnamese visa successfully.
Where to apply for a Vietnamese visa for foreigners?
To get a Vietnamese visa, there are 2 places to apply:
– At the international airport of Vietnam (Noi Bai, Tan Son Nhat, Da Nang).
– At the Vietnamese embassy/consulate in your country.
Option 1: Apply for a visa at the Vietnamese Embassy/consulate in the host country
Firstly, you need to contact the embassy staff to know the requirements of the application and the documents required to apply for a Vietnamese visa. Due to the fact that the application for a Vietnamese visa is not the same, it’s up to each Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate abroad.
Here are some notes for you when working with the Vietnamese Embassy in your country:
- Please contact the Embassy of Vietnam in advance to know your schedule and other necessary information to ensure that the Embassy accepts your application for a Vietnamese visa.
- Check your passport thoroughly and ensure it is valid for at least 06 months, not torn or blurred.
- There is a specific plan for the date when you go to Vietnam to ensure that the date of arrival is not earlier than the date stated in the visa application form.
The staff at the Vietnamese Embassy will ask you to submit the original passport and the letter of approval. This letter is issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department. To get your visa requirement more reliable, submit the guarantee or invitation letter from a company or an organization in Vietnamthem to the Embassy if you have. These documents can prove your purpose when coming to Vietnam.
It takes from 3 to 7 days to receive a visa stamp at the Embassy of Vietnam. Therefore, you must make sure that you have enough time to wait for the result. However, if the date you enter Vietnam is near, within 3 days, you should contact a visa service company to do it faster. Overall, the Vietnam visa procedure is quite easy so you just need to prepare documents carefully and relax.
>> If you need the information about emergency cases in Vietnam, read Vietnam emergency numbers.
Option 2: Apply for a Vietnamese visa at the Vietnam airports
In case there is no Vietnamese Embassy in your country, you can have the Vietnamese visa on arrival at the Vietnam international airports. However, it must be sure that you have prepared enough these following documents:
- Passport valid for at least 06 months, not torn or blurred.
- The letter of approval issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department that allows you to enter and receive your visa at an international airport in Vietnam. In the case of visa exemption and your staying days do not exceed the rule, you do not need this letter.
Note: In order to apply for a Vietnamese visa at an international airport of Vietnam, a foreigner must submit a passport and a letter of approval (A4 copy), fill in the form as instructed and pay fees as prescribed.
What is a letter of approval?
The letter of approval is the document issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department to allow the foreigner to enter Vietnam once. Passenger must have a letter of approval to apply for a Vietnamese visa. To receive a letter of approval, there must be an individual or an organization in Vietnam representing you for guarantee purpose. Hence, you can contact an acquaintance or a visa service company in Vietnam to do this.
You just need to provide some information for them to do as mentioned below:
- Your passport scan.
- The date you enter Vietnam.
- Place you will receive Vietnamese visa (at Vietnam airport or embassy).
- For the work purpose, you need to add some other documents: certificate of seal signature and business license of the guarantee company that you will work for; a letter of introduction from the company; working plan expected in Vietnam.
So when you have the letter of approval, you can apply for a Vietnamese visa at Vietnam embassy/consulate in your country or at the international airport of Vietnam to have a visa stamp. Hereunder the fee you have to pay for visa stamping:
|3 – 6 months|
|6 – 12 months|
This fee applies for Vietnamese visa submission in 2018.
And do not miss this significantly important information. The stamping fee is only paid by cash at Vietnam airport in Vietnamese Dongs or US dollars.
An electronic visa (E-visa) is one of the visa types issued to foreigners by the Vietnamese Immigration Department via an electronic system. Vietnam E-visa is valid for a maximum of 30 days, single entry. It costs you 25 USD to receive a Vietnam E-visa. You can pay via an electronic payment gateway as prescribed by the Immigration Department. The fee will not be refunded if the application is refused.
This is a convenient way to save time when applying for a Vietnamese visa. However, this form is just applied for 46 countries and some ports under the trial phase. Therefore, you can see a list of countries and ports at the link https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn.
If you’re a foreigner outside Vietnam, you can personally apply for E-visa at the above website as well. Your requirement will be processed in 3 days. Then, you visit the Vietnam E-visa website again, enter the given code that you have when applying for a visa and see the result.
In case you want to change the information in your requirement, you must apply for a new E-visa. Furthermore, there is also questions and answers function on the website. You can find your answers there.
So there are 3 ways that you can get a Vietnamese visa. Prepare documents carefully before you apply for a visa to Vietnam. Then, book a flight and have the best time traveling beautiful Vietnam.